Heer0san Den banner

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Latest Hauls: Pre and Post ToyCon 2015 Hauls


Who says you can leave ToyCon 2015 empty handed? Well, not for me and last ToyCon snag me some of the great purchases that I've found during my 3-day stroll to the seller's area. Unfortunately, I'm on restraint mode on purchasing since I'm still waiting for my pre-order of Transformers Unite Warriors Superion and my whole savings is projected on that. If hadn't any worries on my budget, I would've gone all out splurging for toys like I did back in Xmas ToyCon in 2008, which left me a very deep hole in the pocket. Well anyway, on to the latest hauls that I've got before and after ToyCon.


Since I wasn't able to go to my usual trades in Robinsons Galleria last Saturday due to my commitments to ToyCon (which is always a top priority for me every year), I got a cool hard Yu-Gi-Oh! game board/mat at a very steal price and what's cooler that the mat has 2 designs, in the front and back. I like Yusei and the gang design better (1st pic) than the Polar Gods design (2nd pic), I have 3 mats on hand and I'll keep only one for home use since I'm using my rubber mat when I'm in Galle. Aside from the game mat, I also got a copy of the Yu-Gi-Oh! ZEXAL Vol. 3 manga in original Japanese text which I bought before the 'Con during one of my expedition side trips. Though I love having an English version, but I'm more in favor of collecting original Japanese prints since most of my manga collection are all Japanese. Having a Japanese print manga of ZEXAL is a cool piece to have since I'm an avid fan of the Yu-Gi-Oh! franchise.


I've been on restraint in purchasing Transformers figs for many months but now I finally broke it last ToyCon, and I bought not just one, but two figs at a very reasonable price. I finally got my TF Generations version of Scoop and I can now finally make a toy review of it side by side with the original G1 toy that I have. Aside from Scoop, I also finally gave in buying TF Generations Skrapnel (G1 Insecticon Shrapnel) with Reflector MOSC at a very good price, I wasn't able to get one before and the price for the fig is way too steep for me in buying it but finally the seller was able to lower the price and I was able to get it; it was good catch, now my hunt for Combiner Wars Bombshell begins since he's very hard to find right now. Also I got a freebie from a fellow TF collector and balikbayan from down under, Neil dela Cruz: a few empty G1 commemorative boxes (not shown) and Iguanus' Hurricane blaster (which Scoop is holding in his left hand) which I'm yearning to find it but my search is over, thanks to him. Though the peg for Iguanus to hold the gun in robot form is broken, but that can be fixed which I will do that later on. Thanks Neil though we weren't able to meet at Day 2, I'm glad that I got your items from JayCee. Next time when you visit us again, we'll meet for sure.


I also purchased Gosei Knight (1st pic) from the series, Tensou Sentai Goseiger; my 3rd S.H. Figuarts figure and my 2nd Tamashii web exclusive figure that I've bought at a very steal price. Though the optional hand expressions is complete, but I'm missing a few accessories, but who am I to complain when the figure I bought is one heck of a good purchase, I'll deal with the problem with the missing accessories later. Finally, I gave in collecting some Love Live! merchandise since I became an avid fan of the series after I watched two seasons, I bought a CharaColle DX Honoka Kosaka (Bokura wa Ima no Naka de Chibi ver.; 2nd & 3rd pic), brand new at a reasonable price. Though I wanted to buy Maki Nishikino or Eli Ayase figure but I couldn't find one. As much I wanted to buy the whole Muse figures, I can't since I'm on a tight budget but maybe at the next Toy Convention, I might complete it eventually.

Well, that's it for my latest hauls last ToyCon. time to save up some moolah and if I have enough, I'm expecting to go all out (after I acquire Superion) since I have my eyes on purchasing some S.H Figuarts Sailor Moon figs or the upcoming Love Live! figs and I will not hold back like the last time, though if my budget permits (sigh).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails