Heer0san Den banner

Monday, January 01, 2018

Yearender: My 2017 Toy And Card Haul Acquisitions


Okay, I haven't much posted a lot of hauls for 2017, and much in the community know that I haven't been spending a lot because of budget constraints. Well guess what, I have a lot of toy and card hauls that I've collected this past year. Check out my latest acquisitions.


During the start of the New Year, I've been itching to buy some toys, when figma Hikaru Shidou (from Magic Knight Rayearth) released locally, I've been wanted buy it even though I was late pre-ordering her. I bought her during last year's Manila Hobby event without a second thought but thinking the backlash afterward and it did when my pre-ordered figma Dark Magician Girl (from Yu-Gi-Oh! Duel Monsters) came a few days later. So, yeah I got a double whammy on my budget. Aside from the 2 figs, I also bought a few tech ware toy for my personal and contract work use. And just last November, a follow-up to the figma Hikaru is the release of figma Umi Ryuuzaki which I bought on Bonifacio day, now I have 2 Rayearth characters, just one more to go.


When I was in high school, I dreamt of owning a R/C (radio controlled) car, especially the Tamiya models, and that wish came true when I found 2 Tamiya Nissan R/C cars during my toy hunting expeditions: the Tamiya Nissan R91CP RC Car which I found here and the Tamiya Nissan King Cab which I found while I was out of town, both are 1:10th scales, much of the internal parts for King Cab are still in there, but for the R91CP; its missing all of the electronics save the body and chassis. I never dreamed of finding these on my few toy hunts and I was lucky that I bought it very cheap, I'm going to need a bigger budget to restore and replace it with updated gear on these, but for now, its sitting on top of my cabinet.


Aside from the anime 90's waifus, I also purchased some figs from the '90s and '00s. Characters such as SH Figuarts Ranma Saotome (Boy version; no pic) and figma Yami Yugi which is a companion to my figma Dark Magician Girl. And speaking of Yugi, ever since I started my Yu-Gi-Oh! collection years ago, my card collection has grown a lot, especially with the release of the latest series, Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS, I'm starting to collect Link monsters with the first 4 cards that I've acquired this year to enhance my Deskbot deck and while on the topic on deck building, just 2 weeks ago, I've built a new deck with Cyberse as its core, and hopefully with the upcoming booster pack release 2 weeks from now, my newly built deck might get stronger (I hope).


How can I forget the one thing I love the most in toy collecting, is collecting mechas which is the center of my hobby. 2017 has been a wonderful year for me collecting rare mecha or robots such as the Revoltech Regult and the DX VF-17S Nightmare from Macross, which were the first toys that I've acquired from this franchise. Also let's not forget Transformers which I've snagged a few, like the Sharkticons when the Titans Return line first came out in late 2016, since then, I've acquired a few of those that fits my budget. While my friend snagged a few TFs himself including Trypticon (which its still here at my home as a freeloader, joke!), God Ginrai, and Fortress Maximus, I myself acquired Titans Return Wheelie, Seaspray and Blitzwing to my collection. My biggest score in my collection for this year are the vintage Generation 1 figures of Swerve, Pipes, Breast Force leader Leozack, and Submarauder (robot figure); not to mention a non-Transformer Dagbase from the series Dagwon which in reality is also a vintage TF Grandus retooled for that series.


And finally to cap the year off, I snagged a few trinkets at last month's event, like the Love Live! plastic mat, another Yu-Gi-Oh! book and a small Winged Dragon of Osiris figure from Xmas ToyCon, not to mention the DX Mystic Brother from Tensu Sentai Goseiger and Senki Zesshou Symphogear buttons during my after Xmas toy expedition.

Well, that's it for my toy acquisitions for 2017, I'm expecting a lot of toy hauls for 2018, which I'm expecting for my pre-order/s of Transformers Overlord and Greatshot that will be released in a few months. Until then, I need to restrain myself from splurging on useless stuff.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails