Heer0san Den banner

Friday, January 01, 2016

2015: The Year That Was...


It's time to say goodbye to the year 2015 and say hello to 2016. But before I start my new year blog, let's look back to the year that happened to me.

2015 has been a roller coaster ride for me, surely it has a lot of bumps along the way (and I mean a lot), but it ended pretty well. Last year was a good blessings for me, as I got more contract works within the year and it was worth it. During early last year, I was struggling to make a decent buck to get by on my weekly allowance since I don't have any work, but thanks to fellow blogger Azrael in giving me some blogging job assignments and from my weekly trades in Galleria, I was managed to get back on my feet.


And since I was getting back on my feet, I almost forgot buying some toys that worth collecting and I almost missed getting a Japanese version of the Combiner Wars Superion which was released last June. Back then, I don't wanna spend so much on buying toys since I was still managing my finances that I've gained from my contact works, trades and blogging assignments. But thanks to my toy collector friends who encouraged me getting Superion and I have some room budget for the preorder downpayment and after 7 mos. of waiting, I was able to get the figure. Acquiring Superion was just the beginning of my return to Toy collecting, this year I was able to get rare toys that's now really hard to find at a very cheap price and I couldn't be happier.

2015 is also the year that I've committed to blogging once more. Other than this blog, my other blog, Robot Pilipinas is getting a worthy net traffic that it deserved thanks to the trending articles that I've posted within that year and I was able to secure a spot again a toy exhibit display at last year's ToyCon.

If 2015 has a good year for me and just I was gaining my momentum with my life however, its also the same year that nearly ended in tragedy. Last September, my father had a bad fall in Mandaluyong that his head got injured. We thought that its a normal head injury when he was admitted in the hospital, but it got worse that when the doctors CT-scanned him after he vomited, we learned the injury he sustained was far worse: he suffered from a cerebral hematoma which he had a blood clot inside his brain and without immediate surgery, he could've died. My family was devastated with this finding and I cried when I learned about his condition.

But thanks to my relatives aiding us in the financial support (a really big thanks), the doctors were able to operate on him and also through prayers, my father survived. But it took a month and a half for him to recover (he was confined in the ICU for over a month) and again through prayers, he recovered and finally able to walk again (with some guidance since we can't leave him unattended), we thank God that he didn't end up in a vegetative state. Today, my father is now ok, but he needs to gain weight again (he lost a lot of it since his confinement in the ICU). During those trying times, I went silent for a while and not knowing when I was coming back, but it took a while for me to come back, but in the end its business as usual.

Well, that's it for 2015, looking forward for a great year in 2016.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails